Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Darrilyn Darrilyn is offline

Default Subtotal sorting

To get the top 10 employees you could try a pivot table.

"ab3d4u" wrote:

My apology if this is a repeat question. The payroll software we used is
capable of uploading to Excel for better presentation. After
subtotaling, i further would like to use filtering and some other Excel
features. But this seems to be impossible. Ex. subtotal, then show level
2 (subtotals only) then filter top ten. When I do that it shows 10
entries but not for 10 different employees. For the two months (July
and August) it shows top 5 with 10 raw entires. What I want to see the
true top 10 employees not top ten entries.

--
ab3d4u