Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Designating color in one cell based on data entered in another cel

Suggest a SELECTCASE macro within a WORKSHEET_CHANGE event macro

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Diogie" wrote in message
I need a way (formula, format, etc) for the background color in one cell to
be determined by the data entered in another cell. For example: Cell C6
will have a number manually entered. Cell D6 will have a single letter
manually entered into it. Based on the letter entered in D6, I want the
background color in cell C6 to be a certain color. If the letter in D6 is
then the background in C6 needs to be green. If the letter in D6 is I,
then
the background needs to be red. I have 7 letters that will be entered
into
cell D6 that will need to determine 7 different background colors for cell
C6. How can I make this happen using excel 2003?