Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alexey Alexey is offline

Default Complex formula

Hi Everyone

I am trying to achieve the following

Sheet 2 contains data imported from an Access Spreadsheet and I am trying to
analyise this data on Sheet 1

Sheet1!A1 contains date field in mmm-yy format

Sheet2!Column A is a date field in mmm-yy format and contains some 7500 rows
growing at 200 per month
Sheet2!Column B contains one of four string text fields
Sheet2!Column C contains a numeric value

I want to try and create a formula that will set Sheet1!B1 to the sum of
Sheet2!Column C where a) Sheet2!Column A is the same as Sheet1A1 (i.e. the
same month and year) and b) Sheet2!Column B is equal to "Text1"

I will then simply replciate this formula across all four text string values
and this will give me the sums I need for all four texts.

I am having a real issue trying to resolve this - can anyone help please

thanks