Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default FORMULA TO LOCATE NEXT DATE

Where I stated that in the dates column, column D, there may be some
instances occurring where the same date occurs in more than one row of that
column, he has advised he is only requiring to know the first occurrence to
be shown in column A.

But, but, isn't that essentially what's returned in col B in the suggested
set-up?

An example ..

Supposing Col E (source dates) contains the following dates in E2:E8

07-09-2007
11-09-2007
11-09-2007
12-09-2007
12-09-2007
12-09-2007
13-09-2007

then Col B (unique extracts of source dates) would return it as:

07-09-2007
11-09-2007
12-09-2007
13-09-2007

--
Max
Singapore
"Ellie" wrote:
Thank you Max.

Unfortunately my colleague advises that I have misunderstood slightly what
he requires.

Where I stated that in the dates column, column D, there may be some
instances occurring where the same date occurs in more than one row of that
column, he has advised he is only requiring to know the first occurrence to
be shown in column A.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks.

Ellie