Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NorthStar NorthStar is offline

Default How do I make a line graph WITHOUT first line starting at zero

Is the only way of not having the lines start on zero, is by clicking on that
line and choosing "no Line". Or is there another way in someother option?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Or double click on the series, and on the Patterns tab, format the line.

If for whatever reason you still are not getting a line, it's because of
blank cells between values, where the blanks are not being plotted. Go to
Tools menu Options Chart, and choose Interpolate in the top section.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
For the chart as a whole, look at the sub-types against XY chart under
Chart Type. For an individual data series, Format Data Series.
--
David Biddulph

"NorthStar" wrote in message
Can you tell me how to connect the data points! That's what I want.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Define "Starting at zero". Is the first X value at zero? The first Y
value?
In fact, what does your data look like?

Did you know an XY chart and a line chart can both be formatted with
lines
connecting the data points? The XY chart provides more flexibility
regarding
the X axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"NorthStar" wrote in message
I want a line chart that doesn't have the line starting at zero. This
is
an
XY chart.

"Jon Peltier" wrote: