Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phippsy Phippsy is offline

Default consecutive numbers

I had thought of that but it doesn't necessarily start in row 1 so I have got
past that by maybe using ROW(A1)-4 if it starts in row 5 for example but then
it would not work if rows were inadvertently added above so was wondering if
there was a safer formula?
Debbie

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=ROW(A1)*$A$4, and copy down.
--
David Biddulph

"Phippsy" wrote in message
I want to have a column which has a formula which multiplies an absolute
cell
by a number which increases incrementally.
=1*$A$4
=2*$A$4
etc. up to about 100. How can I enter the consecutive number into the
formula so I can replicate it? I don't want an extra column with the
numbers
1-100!
Thanks