Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Felicity Felicity is offline

Default Alternative to a drop down list

Hi, I have designed a requisition form. The first work sheet "req" in the
spreadsheet is a form that links to 3 other worksheets in the spreadsheet.
In the "req' worksheet, Officers select a supplier from a dropdown box. It
then does looks ups (Vlookups) based on the supplier chosen, and returns
information such as supplier number, name, address, contract no etc etc. THe
thing is, because there are 900 suppliers on the drop down list, it drives
people nuts scrolling through to find the correct supplier. Thye have given
feedback saying they would like to be able to type into the field so it takes
them to the post in the list so they can select the supplier.
ie - if they type w, it will take them to the start of the suppliers
beginning with "w", then if they add an e (so now they have typed "we" ) -
they will be placed at the spot where the suppliers begin with "we" and so on
until they quickly get to the supplier they need.

Can Excel do this? I would be really grateful for any assistance