Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rya05 Rya05 is offline

Default Need 'If greater than x, add to cell" formula

or is it

=K6-C7-If(E63,E6-3,E6);

or may I ask, what would you put in column L if it is less than 3 in column E?

thanx

--
:)

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

There is still an ambiguity in what you say.

Cell L6 = K6-C6-(Any amount in excess of 3 in E6)

Do you mean the whole value greater than 3 (ie with 7 in E6 subtract 7) or
do you mean the difference between the value and 3 (ie 7-3 = 4)

Either:

=K6-C6-if(E63,E6,0)

or

=K6-C7-If(E63,E6-3,0)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Kathy" wrote in message
Actually, the formula is more complicated than I originally wrote. It's
actually something like:
Cell L6 = K6-C6-(Any amount in excess of 3 in E6)

Does that make sense?
Kathy

Essentially, if the number in column E is
greater than 3, than I need to add the balance (meaning any number in
excess
of 3) to column L. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kathy

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SUMIF(E:E,"0",L:L)

or did you mean

=SUMIF(E:E,"3")

Peo Sjoblom

I need help creating a formula. Essentially, if the number in column E