Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Can you count cells by color?

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA.

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Do for each color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:50:22 -0700, TM wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that a column of cells are color coded. I would like to
count the number of cells that are of the same color. How can I do that?