Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Table Group by Week?

Instead of grouping, you could add a column to the source data, and
calculate the week's starting date. For example, if the date is in column A:
=A2-WEEKDAY(A2,3)

Add the WeekStart field to the pivot table, instead of the date.

Jimbo213 wrote:
neat trick - if my data spans 2006 and 2007 I can't find a way to only show
2007 weekly values [since using days + years messes up the "7" grouping of
days].

Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Use days and set them to 7 that will group like 01/01/05 - 01/07/05

Peo Sjoblom

"DTTODGG" wrote in message

Hello-

I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc..

What happen to 'by week'?

Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish