Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] k.vanderstarren@gmail.com is offline

Default Macros in Personal.xls Not Accessible

Hi Dave. I'm pretty sure the program starts Excel. It is a custom
application developed by a third-party vendor. The GUI for the program
has a button you click to open a copy of a specific Excel template
(xlt file). The xlt files are accessible in a directory on the
computer so they can be modified if necessary. When I open those
templates manually, all of my macros work but when the program opens
them, the macros do not work.

Thanks again for your help,
Kris

On Sep 4, 9:24 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
Are you sure how the other program starts excel?

Are you sure that if there's an instance of excel running, that it just doesn't
use that instance?

wrote:

Thank you for the responses Dave and Chip. I'm a little confused now
because this is working on anther computer that is running Excel 2003.
There are macros in the personal.xls file and they are loaded each
time Excel is launched by the third-party application. On the computer
that works, once Excel is launched by the third-party application, I
can go to Window--Unhide and unhide the personal.xls file. On the
computer that doesn't work, this option is grayed out. Do either of
you have any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks,
Kris

--

Dave Peterson