Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GIdunno GIdunno is offline

Default Changing formulas that won't "formulate"

I keep coming on something thats bugging the heck out of me! I've searched
the database first to see if it's already been answered and I can't find it.

Sometimes when I change a formula (usually adding something new to it) the
formula won't work. Instead of the 'answer" or even an error in the cell, I
see the actual formula (including the equal sign)

Here's what I'm working on this morning. I have a formula that worked:
=COUNTIF(D19:AH19,"R")+COUNTIF(D19:AH19,"")
And I added one more condition to it:
=COUNTIF(D19:AH19,"R")+COUNTIF(D19:AH19,"")+COUNTI F(D18:AH18,"")
Now in the cell, I have the actual formula. (it should say 27)

Why does this happen? it's not just on THIS formula.

Thanks for all your help. I go through this forum often and I've learned so
much from your answers to others -- I've even made an "Excel cheat sheet"
with functions and formulas to save valuable info for later.