Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tonymotion tonymotion is offline

Default How do I use a worksheet name as an input variable to a formul

Max,

That worked perfectly!

You and Tevuna both gave me what I asked for, but what I really needed was
the ability to set up the exact same equation for all sheets in a workbook.
So Max's extra modification did that.

The magic line that I was missing was: CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1"))
Once I saw that this gives me the full path to the current worksheet as a
character string, I realized that I could take that apart in exactly the way
that both of you two recommended. Then all I needed was a simple FIND and
MID, and that was it.

Thanks again! You guys rock!

-Tony