Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Test cell interior color by worksheet function?

The CELL("color",Ref) function returns either 1 or 0, indicating whether
negative numbers are displayed in color. Overall, it is a useless function.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Frank Pytel" wrote in message
=CELL("color",C6)

This is a volitale formula. It states that it works best with numbers for
calculations. I cant seem to get it to work with an if() statement.

Maybe you could come up with another qualifier. What are you basing your
conditional formatting on. If you were to use this as you qualifier it
would
probably be easier to use in your calculations.

God Bless

Frank Pytel

http://groups.google.com/group/excel...mming?lnk=iggc

"Skimmer" wrote:

I'm trying to conditionally test a cell interior color, by worksheet
function
(not VBA). I intend to use the responses to permit varied numerical
consequences... I've seen no Excel Help addressal on this, just on text
(contents) coloration.