Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Melvin Tang[_2_] Melvin Tang[_2_] is offline

Default IF CELL VALUE FALLS WITHIN A RANGE OF VALUES

=IF(=AND(A1=MIN(B1:B10),A1<=MAX(B1:B10)),"true"," false")

Do I key it in as above? Doesn't seem to work. What else can I do? I would
expect this to be a simple task, that if a value falls within a value, do
this, if not, do this.

How about simplifying it to, if A1 falls within 4-12, true, false?

"Tevuna" wrote:

Non array:
=AND(A1=MIN(B1:B10),A1<=MAX(B1:B10))

"Melvin Tang" wrote:

How do I create an IF function that allows me to work on a cell if the value
input falls within a range of values.

For example, =IF(A1=B1:B10,"true","false")