Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default excel 2007, how to select a data point and cycle through data points

FWIW, I cannot reproduce Brian's problem. When highlighting a series, Excel
2007 (and prior versions) may not highlight each point in the series, but
when arrowing through the points, each point in turn is highlighted.

I have added the Chart Elements dropdown to my QAT, where I've found it very
helpful. (It and the PT Wizard the only things I've added to the QAT, due to
a philosophical problem with the QAT, but that's another story.)

Brian - I know your charts are very detailed, with many series of many
points. If the marker size is small, the four dots are harder to see. (In
general I feel that the element highlighting in Excel 2007 is less visible
than in prior versions, but I guess they had to change the whole look and
feel of the interface.) With complex charts, especially those that go
through a lot of revision during their history, funny things sometimes
happen. If you rebuild your troublesome chart from scratch in one sequence
of steps, does it then behave?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

For me I see a visual clue by the 4 dots enclosing each data point as I
move through.
Additionally if you click the Layout or Format contextual tab you will see
the name of the currently selected item in the Current Selection group.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an addition.

I have now seen that on at leaste some charts the point highlighter
does appear in excel 2007.

In one file of mine with two charts on a worksheet, the point
highlighter appears on one chart but not the other. In all other
excel versions, the highlighter always appears on all charts.

Brian