Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
glitterbug99 glitterbug99 is offline

Default New columns won't calculate

Thank you, that's exactly it and very helpful!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

It sounds as though those extra columns have been pre-formatted as text.
Mark the columnsFormatGeneral
Then when you enter your formulae, they should work.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"glitterbug99" wrote in message
I've been sent a spreadsheet which doesn't appear to be locked or
protected,
in that it is possible to edit data and to add and delete columns.
Formulae
are calculating normally in existing columns, but when I added a new
column
and entered a formula, it showed the formula rather than the result. If
anyone has any idea what might cause this to happen and how it can be
prevented advice would be most appreciated!
Thanks!