Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default syntax for "IF" commend to check for multiple empty cells bf comma

Hi Chris

Another option
=IF(COUNT(D9,C8)=2,D9-C8,"")

Note that a value of 0 in either cell will return true, and the calculation
will be made, but an empty cell will return false and the result will be
null.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi all.
I have been trying (unsuccessfully, so far) to figure out how to write
syntax to check for missing data in two cells before executing a function.
For example, I know that I can write:

"=IF(D90, D9-C8)"

to check to make sure there is a valid case in cell "D9" before executing
the function, but the problem is if I have no data entered in cell "C8",
it
will of course simply assume that cell contains a value of "0" and run the
function anyway. I want to write something like "If D90 AND C80, THEN
D9-C8"...

Anyone have any pointers???

Thanks in advance for your help!
- Chris