Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Michael Gerbasio Michael Gerbasio is offline

Default 2007 Opening 2003 Files as Read Only

Found the problem. For some reason when I upgraded or just copied my files,
the ownership of the files changed. Now that's another problem I'll have to
figure out.

Regards-Michael G.

"Michael Gerbasio" wrote in message
I'm new to Office 2007 so I thought this would be a good place to start.

I have files created in Excel 2003 as I had been using Office 2003 prior
to upgrading. Now, when I open a old spreadsheet in 2007, it is opened in
Read Only Compatibility Mode. I only have one user, me, on this pc. I'm
set up with an administrator account so document security shouldn't be a
problem. All the web searches I did mention this with SharePoint. I don't
have SharePoint, I should say I don't know what it is and don't think I
have it. Any ideas.

Regards-Michael G.