Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Copy worksheet with internal hyperlinks

Have you given any thought to using *true* XL templates.

Create your sheet (form), and then when you go to save it, expand the "Save
As Type" box and click on:
Template (*.xlt)

This places the WB in the templates folder, where you can open and use
*copies* by clicking on <File <New,
And choosing the WB name in the General tab.
--
HTH,

RD

"andy62" wrote in message
When I try that solution, it fails in the same way that the insert

hyperlink
does: if, with the workbook open, I copy the worksheet to create a new

one,
that formula still refers back to the original worksheet. The formula

does
not update to the new sheet. I'm not talking about saving the file to a

new
location, I'm trying to get the hyperlinks inside a worksheet to refer to

the
new worksheet when one is created.

Any way to get that formula to do what I need it to?

TIA.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Do not create hyperlinks using:
Insert Hyperlink
Instead use something like:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!B9","goto")

This link will always be local. You can save theworkbook with any name

and
the link will always take you to the local Sheet2.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200741

"andy62" wrote:

I have seen this question asked but not answered. I have a worksheet

that
serves as a template; thus it is to be copied and filled in over and

over.
It includes a couple hyperlinks for navigation. When the worksheet is
copied, the links point to the template, not to the new sheet. This

imposes
major risks with my audience. How can I set up the hyperlinks so that

when
the worksheet is copied, they point to the right cells in the NEW

worksheet?
There has to be a way . . .

TIA