Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
royend royend is offline

Default User-defined range for graph

Hi,
I have a table containing weekly data about a company's revenue and
hours, dependant on department:
Week 1 Week 2 Week
3 Week 4 ... Week 52
DepartmentName $$ hours $$ hours $$
hours $$ hours $$ hours
My Department 1200 15 1800 22 1600
12 2000 15 2200 23

Every week has a column for dollars earned and hours spent earning
them.
Now I want to create a report worksheet that would generate some
graphs automatically depending on two variables: week and period. The
week tells me the current week, and the period may be 8 weeks - which
will be used to draw a graph covering the last 8 weeks.

Is it possible to make this user-defined?
I want to be able to have a cell in Excel where I may write the
current week, and one cell to decide the period I need covered for my
graph.

I probably have to do some VB, although I hope to avoid in order to
make the usage of it as easy as possible.
Looking forward to your help.