Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Noel Noel is offline

Default EXCEL 2003 : HYPERLINK() with .JPG extension files

Hello. When I click on a cell where the formula is
=HYPERLINK("MyPicture.JPG"), it is IE which opens the picture. However, in
Windows Explorer, .JPG extension is specified to be linked with "picture and
fax Windows viewer" (translated from the french name, I do not know the US
standard name for this sub-application of Windows Explorer). Is there a way
to change that in EXCEL (or in all Office applications) ?. Note that .BMP
files are opened with the Windows Explorer viewer - which is quicker and
simpler -. I use EXCEL 2003 SP2 with Windows XP SP2. Thanks.
--
Noel