GeekGoddess

How can you even tell which version last calculated the workbook?

My situation is this: I am a computer professor and my students are
required to use Excel 2003 for their assignments. They are submitting them
in Blackboard (an online educational application). When I download the files
and open them in Excel 2003, I get a message that asks me if I want to save
the changes made to the file that was created with an earlier version of
Excel. Some of these files I am sure were created in 2003. But I would like
to know for sure. I am assuming that Blackboard is somehow modifying the
files - and this is what is prompting the message I get. As the professor,
it would be nice to know. ;-)

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

I don't think you can determine what version of Excel was used to
create a workbook. You can determine the version that last
calculated the workbook, and the current version, but not the
create version.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"GeekGoddess" wrote in
message
I need to know the exact version of Excel that was used to
create various
spreadsheets. How can I tell?