Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Large Charts Cause Instability

Does this mean I have to contact Microsoft and ask for the hotfix
directly?

Yes. Talk to the nice support person, and they'll email a link for you to
download the file.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"pmjboyle" wrote in message
This might be a stupid question, but once I navigate to the hotfix page,
how
do I go about downloading and installing it?

From that page:
"To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support
Services to obtain the hotfix."

Does this mean I have to contact Microsoft and ask for the hotfix
directly?

Thanks for the help.
Patrick

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

This was never a problem with Excel 2003... Is anyone else having
trouble
with large XY plots?

If you mean in Excel 2007, yes, many people have reported issues with
charting. Typically the complaint is slowness, and there is a hotfix that
somewhat alleviates it (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538). I
haven't
heard about the huge file sizes, but that could be the flip side of the
problem.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"pmjboyle" wrote in message

I'm plotting a few different variables along a relatively long X axis
(1000
cells).

At first, the chart seems to behave properly, but after I adjust a few
elements, the memory footprint explodes (from ~70MB to ~160 in a few
seconds).

This appears to be especially problematic when I click on one of the
data
sets.