Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Questions about functions

Sorry, haven't used QP since the mid 90's!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cory from Eugene" wrote in
message ...
T. Walko,

Thanks for the help. I got one more question? Can you by chance translate
into Quatro Pro form? I cant find a quattro pro help site anywhere!

Please let me know,
thanks,
Cory

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

Numbers in the range A1:A20

Enter this formula in D1:

=LARGE(A$1:A$20,ROWS($1:1))

Enter this array formula** in E1:

=SMALL(IF(A$1:A$20=D1,ROW(A$1:A$20)),COUNTIF(D$1:D 1,D1))

Select both D1 and E1 and copy down a total of 7 rows or as needed.

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cory from Eugene" wrote in
message ...
I have a column of numbers, and what I want to do is return the 7
highest
of
the numbers. Then, I want to be able to return the row number of each
one
them. The only problem I have is, if two or more of the high numbers
are
the
same, it will keep returning the same the row number, instead of the
next
and
so on. And I CANT use the sort functions because I dont wanna mess up
my
values

Any suggestions?

Please let me know. lol It's probably an easy answer, I just cant find
it.