Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_] RobN[_2_] is offline

Default Fastest way to select large range (e.g. B3:F1002)?

If you type the range B3:F1002 into the name box left of the Formula bar and
press enter, that range should then be highlighted.

Rob

wrote in message
ups.com...
What's the fastest way to select very large ranges, for example the 5-
by-1000 range B3:F1002?

I know I can select B3, scroll or page down to row 1002, and shift-
left-click on F1002.

Can I avoid moving the cursor to row 1002 by scrolling or paging down?

Although that might not be so bad for 1000 rows, it can be tedious
for, say, 60,000 rows.

If I try to "go to" (ctrl-G) F1002, it undoes the selection of A1. So
shift-left-click on F1002 does not have the desired effectx.

Similarly if I enter F1002 in the name box in the upper-left corner of
the toolbar.