Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kwood525 kwood525 is offline

Default date formatting in excel

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what VBA is, but I did figure it out.
I highlighted the cells to format, clicked on format and then custom. Once
in custom, I typed 00\/00\/0000. This allowed me to type in the numbers only
and have the slashes automatically input like this: 08/30/2007. This can
also be done with telephone numbers and social security numbers. This is a
great option for me. Have a great week!

Kwood525

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Not possible without VBA (macro)

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"kwood525" wrote in message
I am trying to set up my date formatting so that I do not have to type in
the
forward slashes when I input the date. I would like to be able to just
type
in the date numbers: 083007

and have it automatically convert to: 08/30/07 when entered.

any tips?