Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dmshurley dmshurley is offline

Default links vs. lookup

I have two worksheets that have contact information on them. One is a master
contact and the other is a training schedule. They look like this:

Contact Master Sheet
COMPANY
Employee Status
Vessel
Position
Name
Crew
Phone
Phone
Address
City
State
Zip
e-mail

Master Schedule
Name
Position
State
Vessel
Company
Employee Status

I would like to enter basic info on the Contact Master and have it
automatically populate the Master Schedule with the new employee's Name,
Position, State, Vessel, Company, and Employee Status.

I would also like to be able to click on the name and have it take me
between the two sheets, I was told Vlookup would work best for that, since I
need to be able to perform sorts within both sheets, and do not want to use a
pivot table to accomplish the sorts.

Help!!