Earl Kiosterud

AK,

If a message box is to be posted, when should that happen? On the first
occurence of NY in the column? Or can more than one NY appear, and as long
as there's one there, "Talk to John" should show? You need to describe the
conditions, and when they happen, or we'll be guessing at stuff.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"AK" wrote in message
Thanks Earl

However I need to know the VBA code for the MsgBox... The "helper" column
equation is not the best way in this instance to handle this. Do you know
the code to have a Message Box appear based on the "NY" in any cell in a
particular column?

Thanks,

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

AK,

An easy way is to put this in a cell:

=IF(OR(B2:B65536="NY"),"Talk to Bob", "")

Enter as an array formula (Use Ctrl - Shift - Enter, not just Enter).

It's best put at the top of the worksheet in the freeze pane area, if you
have one, so it doesn't get scrolled off the screen.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"AK" wrote in message
Based on the entry in a cell in a column (B), how would a message box
appear
based on the entry.

Example:
If B2 = "NY", message box would appear, "Talk to John"
or if B5000 = "NY" same message would appear

Message box should appear for "NY" in the column and not a specific
cell.

Thank you in advance