Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default External Links using Excel

Perhaps that cell is now formatted as Text - if so, change the format
to General (or one of the number formats), then double-click the cell
as if to edit it and press Enter. This forces the format change to
take effect.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 30, 10:24 pm, JB25 wrote:
I am having a problem with an external link showing the path of the link
instead of the value. For example it shows ='[Sales
Forecast.xlsx]January'!A2. When I first create the link it shows the value,
but once I remove the absolute reference from the linked cell it shows the
path. This is only happening with one of my workbooks that I link to. All the
other workbooks I link to work just fine. How do I get this workbook to show
the value instead of the path?