Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Complex Sorting

You obviously have some merged cells in the sheet somewhere.

Select all cells then Format"CellsAlignment and uncheck the "merge" option.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:44:07 -0700, Patty Kulesavage Broad Ripple HighSchool
<Patty Kulesavage Broad Ripple wrote:

I am a teacher needing help sorting a list of student's names alphabetically,
but I want to keep the information that is in line horizontally with the
student's name.

If I just hi-light the names and click sort, it only sorts those names, and
not the information that goes with it. If I hi-light the whole sheet, it
tells me I can't sort alphabetically because the cells aren't the same size.

If this is not clear, please let me know. I REALLY need your help!