Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Timed shutdown of spreadsheet

An additional problem is if someone leaves the sheet in edit mode then I
believe that the macros will not run to close the workbook.

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I understand the problem. But I'd be worried that the solution was worse
than
the problem.

Steve wrote:

Hi Dave
These are data input spreadsheets that will be used on several
workstations.
This is an attempt to avoid the problem of a user leaving the spreadsheet
open and walking away or going to luch or home. I know the Excel is not
the
best multi user environment but it is all we currently have. We analyze
the
data later.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is this a good idea?

Will your close routine save or cancel the outstanding changes? How
would you
know if you'll cause the user hours and hours of work by saving
something that
shouldn't be saved--or discarding something that should be saved?

Steve wrote:

Is there a way to save and close a spreadsheet when there has been no
activity for a particular amount of time? We have a problem with
several
users needing access to the same workbook.
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--