Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula won't calculate

Maybe the cell was formatted as Text before the formula was entered:

1. Select the cell
2. Format the cell as General
3. touch F2
4. touch ENTER
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200740

"lindahamilton" wrote:

The formula is correct, but it will not calculate. I shows the syntax in the
cell instead and does not actually do the calculation. Often, if I cut and
paste the data I am working with into a new worksheet it will work, and
sometimes I have to do that 3 or 4 times before it will work, but it is a
very random issue. One of the other power users in my office has seen the
same problem. Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?