Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default Timed shutdown of spreadsheet

Hi Dave
These are data input spreadsheets that will be used on several workstations.
This is an attempt to avoid the problem of a user leaving the spreadsheet
open and walking away or going to luch or home. I know the Excel is not the
best multi user environment but it is all we currently have. We analyze the
data later.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is this a good idea?

Will your close routine save or cancel the outstanding changes? How would you
know if you'll cause the user hours and hours of work by saving something that
shouldn't be saved--or discarding something that should be saved?

Steve wrote:

Is there a way to save and close a spreadsheet when there has been no
activity for a particular amount of time? We have a problem with several
users needing access to the same workbook.
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson