Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Combination Chart Problem

But then it's not an axis on the right, since the row 3 values are not
proportional to the row 2 values. For example, 18000 10000 (row 2, columns
1 and 4), but 20 < 55 (row 3, same columns). This is what Del pointed out in
his post.

It would be less confusing to add the row 3 values as data labels to the row
2 points. Use one of these free utilities to handle this:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"dee" wrote in message
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your help. I tried this, but it doesn't seem to do what I am
trying to do, unless I misunderstood you.

Let's say I have Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. as the column headings
Then I have, say row 2 that contains:
$10,000 $45,000 $50,000 $18,000

and row 3 that contains:
55 65 73 20

I would like one axis to show the amounts on row 2 - no problem there.

I would like the secondary axis to show the values on row 3, but... I
want
them directly opposite the values. So, the $10,000 would have a tick
directly opposite it on the value axis that marks 55...

Thanks!
--
Thanks!

Dee

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Create your chart, with series in rows, so that years appear on the
horizontal axis. I'd say a line chart is probably best. Double click one
series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"dee" wrote in message
Yes, the column headings are dates (years).

--
Thanks!

Dee

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Do you have categories as well? Or would an XY chart, with Qty as X
and
Price as Y suffice?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"dee" wrote in message

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would like to create a
combination
chart the has one axis correspond to the other:

For argument's sake, let's say I buy veggies at a particular price
and
want
a chart to reflect the price and the amount purchased:

Qty in lbs. 100 300 200
Price .5 1 2

I want the chart to have a marker for each of the Qty values, but
the
second
axis displaying the Price values directly opposite the corresponding
Qty
value.

Any help would be appreciated!

--