Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Igneshwara reddy[_2_] Igneshwara reddy[_2_] is offline

Default Concatenate help

Hi,

Thanks for the solution but the column B data what ever is there to
particular store number has to be in the column D.
In the ex: below for store # 12345 the Columnn B data has 3 lines and this
entire data has to sit in the Column D in one cell.

In the same way for store # 45678 the Column B data has five lines and it
has to sit in one cell of column D.

I hope this will clearly explains what I require as the results.

Thanks
Igneshwara reddy

"RyGuy" wrote:

D1:
12345

E1:
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX($A$1:$B$8,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$8=$D$ 1,ROW($A$1:$A$8)),ROW(1:1)),2)),"",INDEX($A$1:$B$8 ,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$8=$D$1,ROW($A$1:$A$8)),ROW(1:1)) ,2))

Commit this function with Ctrl + Shift + Enter

Hope this gives you what you need...

"Igneshwara reddy" wrote:

Hi,

I have two columns in the sheet and the data in the A & B column:
Column A has few store numbers and column B has the store number data
A B
12345 sjfdiasdhfajpfjaofoafoafvoa
12345 ikgiureingflsdnonolsn
12345 fiueshoifjowejfpweoefawjf
45678 sdfsmnfswfofoinionsio
45678 rgsfejfpjwejfpewjpfjwp
45678 gremgoperokpgkerpgpermgpomp
45678 ngofjosijfjwsfjpofpfp
45678 ofojosnfosnofnosfjpspjmps

I will do the Advanced filter and take the unique records from the Column A
to Column C. The data according to the store number in column A & column B
should sit in the D column in one cell for the entire store number of column
C.

Let me know if it can work with the concatenate function or vlookup or
parenthesis has to be used to get the results.

Do the needful at the earliest.

Regards,
Igneshwara reddy