Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Michael is offline

Default Change cell name

You could try inserting a new column where you would have the following
formula:
=MID(A1,8,250); this is assuming that all of your comments start with the
word comment. Then all you have to do is sort by the column where the formula
is and hide it if you dont want the user to see it.
Note that I am using a1 as the cell where the word comment appears, change
it as you will.

If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Pa Maher" wrote:

Is there a way to change the name of a cell without deleting it and renaming
it?

The reason I ask, I have cells named "Comment1" to "Comment20". I will be
adding more. It would be better if comment 20 came after comment 19 rather
than before comment 2.