Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default vba outcome

There are few errors in this code

1. I and J are declared as 'I' and 'J' whereas they are used as 'i' and
'j'.
VBA treats variables in small and upper case different.

2. If you are using Option Explicit, this will throw an error as i and j
(small case) are not defined.

This is not true. In VBA, letter casing does not matter. As a matter of
fact, if you Dim your variable in upper case letters and then, in your code,
type it in using lower case letters, VBA will change the case to match that
used in the Dim statement. If you don't Dim the variable (of course you
always should, but if you didn't), VBA will change the letter casing for
**all** uses of that variable to match the letter casing you used the last
time you typed the variable's name.

Rick