Peo Sjoblom

Column with values starting in A2 going down

=OFFSET($A$2,COLUMN(A:A)-1,)

copy across and it will return A2, A3, A4 etc

Row with values starting in D2

=OFFSET($D$2,,ROW(1:1)-1,)

copy down and it will return D2, E2, F2 etc

Peo Sjoblom

"markx" wrote in message
Thanks Julie,
In fact, I've tested this function just before, but as you pointed it out,
it doesn't work by dragging it.

I remember that some time ago, I've found somewhere on the net two

functions
that work as I would like, but concern only transposing rows to columns.
One involves INDIRECT, ADDRESS and ROW functions, the other goes with

and ROW function. Unfortunately I can't find them back right now to quote
them directly.

While searching, I've just found something similar on the groups, I post

it
here for the illustration purposes, maybe this could help you imagine a
"general" formula covering my problem (unfortunately I'm unable to do it

by
myself:-(:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROW()*2-1) = this one is supposed to skip every

second
value, still row to column

or
=INDIRECT("Summary!"&ADDRESS(38;ROW(1:1);4)) = still row to column, a
particular case

or
=INDIRECT("Summary!"&SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1;ROW(1:1) ;4);"1";"")&"38") =

still
row to column, same post as before

Thanks once again for your help and FU on this!
Mark

---------------------

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi

not sure if it fits the description of not too complex and doesn't work

by
dragging, but there is a transpose function
say you have
........A..........B
1.....Cat........10
2.....Dog.......15
3....Rat..........20

and you want to transpose this table to the range A5:C6
select A5:C6
type
=TRANSPOSE(A1:B3)
and then press Control & Shift & Enter - not just Enter and the data

will
be transposed.

Cheers
JulieD

"markx" wrote in message
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a formula (not VBA nor "Paste Special/Transpose") that
would
transpose columns to rows (or vice versa) by simple dragging of the

cell.
Are you aware of any, hopefully not too complex?

Thanks a lot for your help on this,
Mark