Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Michael is offline

Default how do I create and extract a random order from list in Excel?

Hi All,

I have a list of names and I want to randomly sort them and extract one of
the sorted names in order, then randomise again, select, randomise, select
etc... i.e. Say I have 4 names:
Fred
Betty
Wilma
Barney

I want to randomly order the names, say it results in
Fred 1st
Wilma 2nd
Barney 3rd
Betty 4th

I then want to have say the first name (Fred) copied to another cell,
Say the list of names was in Cells A1:A4
so Fred would be copied to C1.

Then the remainder of the list is randomised again resulting in say
Betty 1st
Wilma 2nd
Barney 3rd
Then Betty's name would be put in/copied to cell C2

Then the list is randomised again, and so on and so forth.
Similar in a way to the way numbers for a lottery may be drawn, but I want
to use Names, not numbers.

Can Anyone Help?

Thank you