Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James T James T is offline

Default lookup part number in a vertical list and return the most rece

The column headings a general format for Column "A" titled "Buyer-Part-#"
with date titles in the next columns in the format of "8/1/2007"....8/31/2007"
There are no blank columns in between the dates.
Thanks.James

"Zone" wrote:

I'll give this a shot. Are the column headings for the shipping date
formatted as text (like Aug 2, Aug 3) or dates (like 2-Aug, 3-Aug) or what?
Also, is the sheet with the date columns laid out with the part number in
column A, first date in column B, second date in column C, and so on to Aug
31, with no blanks in-between? James

"James T" <James wrote in message
I need to lookup a part number in a "shipment Log" worksheet. It is laid
out
with the following column headers: "Part Number" "Aug 1" "Aug 2" "Aug 3"
etc....
If a part has been shipped, there will be a value under the appropriate
date
column. This value will be the quantity shipped.
I am trying to find the most recent shipment date and return that date
into
a cell in another spreadsheet. Does anyone have any suggestions?