Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gary91 Gary91 is offline

Default Excel 2007 compatibility with old charts

I just got a new computer with Vista and the trial version of Office 2007.
When I open files made in Excel 2000 or Excel 97, the files open OK in
compatibility mode except that charts in the worksheet are sometimes there
and sometimes absent or sometimes moved to a new location on the page.
Sometimes the charts open slowly. If I resave the spreadsheet and reopen it
in an older version of Excel, everything is still as it was. How can I make
Excel 2007 work with older files containing charts?
Gary