Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Lisa Debra Lisa is offline

Default DSUM function

Thanks for the info, but I'm required to used the DSUM function.
I'm a CIS student and this was a review assingment and I'm missing the
concept.
Thanks anyway.
DLLewis

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi again Debra,

Third paragraph should read Then simply ENTER the numbers not center.

Regards,

OssieMac

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Debra,

Is a different function acceptable? If so try the following:-

In the Vacation leave column instead of using text values of 17-day etc;
custom format these cells using:-
Number format-number-custom and insert 0"-day" as the format.

Then simply center the numbers (17,12,7 and use 0 for none). The display
will have the '-day' appended to it but you can then use the actual values of
17,12,7 and 0 in formulas.

Formula for Days Remaining:-

=SUMIF($D$2:$D$100,H2,$F$2:$F$100)

Whe
$D$2:$D$100 is from Vacation Leave column in Database

H2 is from the column containing Vacation Leave in the summary

$F$2:$F$100 is from the Remaining Vacation leave column in database.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

OssieMac

"Debra Lisa" wrote:

Need to use the DSUM function to calculate the total number of vacation days
remaining. Please help, I have been stumped for 2 days now.

Leave Summary

Vacation Leave Number Eligible Total Days Days Remaining
17-day 36 612
12-day 29 348
7-day 6 42
none 31 0
Total 102 1002

the database is:

Name Status Yrs Employed Vacation Leave Used Vacation Leave Remaining
Vacation Leave
Abba FT 0.1 7 5 2
Abbot FT 4.0 12 7 5
Adtkins FT 5.7 17 4 13