Eric

I don't know if this helps, but I have had this problem where I work. If I
am working on a file that originated from a network based drive, if I loose
connection to that drive, and try to save the file - obviously no luck, but
even if I try to save it to my local drive it gives me the same message as
below. My fix - lame as it is, if I am going to loose a lot of work is to
open a new file, copy all work into that new file and save it where ever I
can. Haven't had a problem that I can recall, though it is a pain. Hope
this helps in some way.

"lbras" wrote in message
Operating System Windows XP Home Edition
Office 2000
When trying to save as an exsiting file with a different name I get the
following errormessage:
"File isn't accessible. The folder may be located on an unavailable volume
or protected with a password." The file is not protected with a password

and
I cannot "Save As"
Thanking you,

LB