Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove Harlan Grove is offline

Default Summing

Steve G wrote...
Lisa/Toppers--Maybe I am missing something--but this is a routine
task in Excel. Instead of using formulas as Toppers recommends,
which will give Lisa the correct answer, but is harder for Lisa to
learn and apply to the next situation, . . .

That last clause is condescending & judgmental. Not bad! Stated intent
not to offend Toppers, but no such intent re the OP.

. . . I would:

Highlight the range with the Titles and Data/Sort by Group in
Ascending order..

OP's data already sorted. If OP's data not sorted, what would you do
if the OP couldn't sort by Group without screwing up other formulas?

Then I would highlight the sorted range--Data/Subtotal by Group.

I might not feel so strongly about this if I didn't spend so much of
my typical work week DELETING the Oh! So! Helpful! grouping and
subtotals other people add to workbooks they send me that I want/need
to use as flat files.

There is the off chance the OP needs to use this table for more than
just summarizing quantities by group. If so, adding grouping and
subtotals will almost certainly fubar those other tasks.

If all the OP needs to do with this is summarize it, then grouping and
subtotals may be OK. Otherwise, Topper's formulas would be a better
idea.