Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Formula for multiplying and adding percentage please help.

Hi Johnny,

=A1*2*110%
or simpler
=A1*2*1.1

Should give you what you are after. Although that does seem to be an awkward
way to set up your spreadsheet. It appears to be a solution for one
particular
equation and not adjustable for different variables. Then again I can't see
your
data, or know the big picture of what you are trying to achieve.

HTH
Martin

"Johnnychadrice" wrote in message
A pretty simple question I guess. I am trying to make a template to do
material take offs for a construction company. I am trying to add 10-15%
various cells. An example of what I am after.

A | B | C
1 100 =A1*(2+10%)
2
3
4

What I am getting is 200.1 when what I am expecting is 220 ... 100 * 2 =
200
+10% = 220.
What in my formula do I have wrong ?