Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SBL SBL is offline

Default HOW DO I GET COLUMN TOTALS TO AUTO UPDATE?

I have set up ledger sheets in Excel for our clients, recording balance
forwards from the manual system, then put in a formula to add payments and
subtract disbursements. When I set up the formula, (i.e- SUM(b9-c10+d10),
the first line worked fine, then when I used the handle to drag the formula
down the total column for subsequent entries, the totals do not update
themselves when I put in new entries. I have tried going back and
re-entering the formula, but keep getting the same result. HELP!