Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don S.[_2_] Don S.[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 Solver Internal Error When Generating Answer Report

Dana,

I thought I had tried that, but I will try it again. Thanks.

Don S.

"Dana DeLouis" wrote:

Just throwing this out...
If you have a space in the workbook name, experiment by renaming your
workbook without any spaces.
Also, don't call your subroutine "Main" if it applies.
Again...just some ideas.

--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & Excel 2007

"Don S." wrote in message
MSM<

No. I still have the problem. I am not sure where else to look for the
answer. I will be nedding this capability for a course I teach that is
coming
up very soon now.

If you find an answer independent of this thread, I would really
appreciate
a note here. I will do the same.

I can't believe we are the only two that are being affected by this!?

Don S.
"MSM" wrote:

Hi Don,

I am having the exact same problem.have you found a solution for it?

Thanks for your help,
MSM

"Don S." wrote:

Hello,
I am running Excel 2007 under Vista. After running Solver, it reaches a
solution. When I try to save either an Answer Report or a Sensitivity
Report,
the following message appears "Solver: An unexpected internal error
occurred,
or the available memory was exhausted". Opening the same spreadsheet in
Excell 2003 running under Win XP works properly.

Researching the problem, I found reference to the same error wriiten in
October 2000 in Article 173393. However, the workaround does not seem
work. There are no merged cells on my worksheet, and there are no other
sheets with the name Answer Report etc as discussed in the srticle.

Since it works as it is supposed to in Excel 2003/Win XP, what do I do
or
what am I missing? Hopefully, this is the right group.

TIA

Don S.