Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Summing

=SUMIF(A2:A14,14,B2:B14)

will sum Group 14

or

Put this in C2 and copy down: it will sum a gropu at first occurence of the
gropu number (assumes data is sorted by group)

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,A2)=1,SUMIF($A$2:$A$14,A2,$B$ 2:$B$14),"")

GROUP AUTH QUANT. Group Total
13 13.5 13.50
14 135 1488.29
14 407
14 946.29
25 18 18.00
194 1.07 34.87
194 33.8
200 192.73 1730.25
200 107.41
200 202.55
200 613.78
200 613.78
370 39.99 39.99

HTH

"Lisa S." wrote:

I am wanting to create a column of summed authorized quanties by group no.
For example, what is the total authorized quantity for Group 13? For Group
14? Right now they are just listed individually, but I would like to sum
them by group in a new column. Please help. Thanks!

A B

GROUP AUTH QUANT.
13 13.50
14 135.00