nanoking

Thanks, John. That's what I'm doing. I was hoping for a more elegant fix.
I had hoped there was a formatting element I was overlooking in either the
chart or the data. As it is, I still want to have the date form and so use
two columns; one formatted for text.

I appreciate your response. Perhaps in the next edition MS will recognize a
need for the creation of a workday calendar. Something like MS Project would
be nice with a basic setting that eliminates weekends. That way you could
also fill a column and not have weekend dates included.

Cheers!

JDL

"John Mansfield" wrote:

Nanoking,

One option is to reference your X-axis series with a formula that converts
the date to text but still leaves the "text" date looking like a date. For
example, assuming the data below starts in cell A1, convert column A to text
by using this formula:

=TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yy")

col A col B col C
Orig. Date Text Date Data
01/01/04 01/01/04 5
01/02/04 01/02/04 4
01/03/04 01/03/04 5

In the formula view, column B looks like

=TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yy")
=TEXT(A3,"mm/dd/yy")
=TEXT(A4,"mm/dd/yy")

Change your X-axis reference from column A to column B. The chart will read
the X-axis dates as text and will not leave gaps.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"nanoking" wrote:

My data uses only week day dates. The chart that results from it is adding
weekend dates even though they don't appear in the range for the X axis. It
leaves gaps in the chart as a result.